These are some random thoughts concerning leadership that I am thinking about while sitting at our church fireworks store...
- If you are going to lead be transparent and vulnerable. 2 Corinthians 11:16-17
- Your position means nothing if you do not treat others well. 1 Peter 5:2-3
- Communicate, communicate, communicate! Romans 11:13
- Protect those that you lead. John 10:14
- Love those that you lead. Leviticus 19:18
- You are not perfect. Romans 3:23
- Never “talk down” down to anyone. Hannah prayed, “Let not arrogancy come out of your mouth.”
- Be humble. 1 Peter 5:6
There are mnay great leaders in the church. Learn from them. If a leader is subpar or is making poor decisions, it is possible to learn from them also. Do not do what they do. Leaders bless, they do not curse. They help, they do not hurt. Leaders do not ignore, they listen. Leaders communicate, because a lack of communication will cause a lack of trust.
When you lead, be like Jesus!
Have a great week.
Pastor Robert P. Eaby, Jr.